Hoco Week At Northgate High

Carson Taylor, Staff Writer

Homecoming week is coming up this coming week for the students and teachers at Northgate. The theme for Homecoming 2021 is “Viking Showdown”. Monday, Coweta County has school off for Labor Day.

On Tuesday, the first dress up day of homecoming week’s theme is “Nerd’s vs. Jocks”. You can wear your favorite nerd wear or sports attire.

On Wednesday, the dress up theme is “Country vs. Country Club”. You can wear your western or country club attire.

On Thursday, the dress up theme is “Super Heroes vs. Villains”. You can dress up as your favorite superhero or favorite villain.

On Friday, the dress up theme is “Upperclassmen vs. Underclassmen”.

For 11th and 12th grades, the class color is cardinal/red. For 9th and 10th grade the class color is black.

During homecoming week at Northgate each grade decorates their own hallway. If you need any volunteer hours for any clubs, helping decorate your grades hallway is a great idea for work hours. For volunteer times of hallway decorating you can email one of your grades class officers for information on that.

On Friday of homecoming week is the homecoming game for Northgate high school. Come out and support the students on the homecoming court. The following day on September 11th is the homecoming dance. You can get tickets all the way up to the day of the dance. For any questions on anything homecoming related you can email Mrs. Nelson and she’d be happy to answer.

11th grade student Morgan Newsom says, “I’m especially excited for “Country vs. Country Club” because of the shoes I got for it”. 

Dressing up for homecoming week gets everyone excited for the big homecoming game. Some teachers might just give you extra credit for dressing up.