2019’s State Art Show

Mia Fisher, Staff Writer

Recently, a select few of Northgate High School’s Pottery’s I, II, and III students had the chance to compete in Georgia’s annual Ceramic Arts Show. Their names are: Alyssa Torres, Clara Roberts, Jade DeCaney, Joannah Strickland, Kerington Garrett, Lina Benson, Marissa Aguilar, Selma Borman, and Unnisa Suarez.

This year the Art Show was hosted at LaGrange college in LaGrange Georgia. These seniors joined the hundreds of students from all the different high schools in the state of Georgia for the chance at placement and a scholarship. Each of the ceramic pieces entered were absolutely stunning. They each had a unique twist. Some pieces were busts of various people, some were pots of different shapes and sizes, and some pieces were odd shapes that cannot even be described. Each piece was graded on those key aspects stated before, meaning their individuality. This year’s judges were Michael Schmidt, an associate Dean at Valdosta State University, and Mark Errol, a lecturer at Valdosta State University. These two men sat and pondered over the beautiful pieces submitted for weeks to come to the conclusion of placements. The two jurors decided to award 12 other people along with 1st through 4th place winners. These 12 people were awarded with an honorable mention. Northgate High School’s Unnisa Suarez was among those honorable mentions. The third place winner and one of the scholarship recipients was Selma Borman. Selma has been in love with art from an early age and it shows in her work.

The 2019 Georgia High School Ceramic Art Show was a success. It was a great experience for upcoming artist to get in contact with colleges and other artist interested in the same projects.

Mia Fisher, Staff Writer

My name is Mia Fisher and I’m a senior at NGHS and I can’t wait to graduate. This is my first year in Journalism and I look forward to writing about...

• 2019’s State Art Show

Food

Childhood Obesity Rates

• 2019’s State Art Show

Opinions

The Non-Traditional College Route

• 2019’s State Art Show

Charges Dropped in Jussie Smollett Case

• 2019’s State Art Show

Is There a Wage Gap Between Male and Female Athletes?

• 2019’s State Art Show

Oil Companies Invest in Climate Change Aid

• 2019’s State Art Show

Pi’erre Bourne

• 2019’s State Art Show

Who is Mike Gravel?

• 2019’s State Art Show

Mother of Six Drives her Family Off Cliff in California While Wife Googles How Much They Would Suffer

• 2019’s State Art Show

Billboard’s Removal of “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X Shows Country Music’s True Colors

• 2019’s State Art Show

Recent Suicides Call For Mental Health Awareness

2019’s State Art Show