Why Vaccinating Your Child is Important

Why Vaccinating Your Child is Important

Sierra Potter, Staff Writer

Throughout these past couple of years, it is becoming less and less popular to become a vaccination supporter. Vaccinating is important because without it, eradicated diseases like measles and mumps can become more common and eventually be a problem to society. Infants that are too young to be vaccinated are at risk in public, especially places like the clinic where someone with the measles could be seeking healthcare.

Babies that are too young to be vaccinated are usually at risk for every disease and virus there is known to man, and the families who are anti-vaccination can cause more of a threat to helpless infants than vaccinated children who are immune. The 4,000,000 births a year in the United States alone, puts 7% of the population, if not more, at risk for preventable diseases. Young children and older adults can not get vaccinated because their immune systems are too weak to become immune to the vaccinations, with this being said, there should be no problem with eradicated disease if 100% of the healthy population vaccinates. To prevent your child from becoming sick with a prevented disease before an outbreak, update the child’s vaccination records and make sure your child is vaccinated appropriately by his or her age and routine.

If you choose not to vaccinate your child, please take necessary precautions such as: learning the early signs and symptoms of a disease; most of the time preventable diseases have outbreaks in clusters, and if you’re travelling, keep your infected child away from buses, populated crowds, and airplanes. Before you choose not to immunize your child, please be aware that your child is and will be at greater risk of developing preventable diseases and they can be quarantined for as long as the state deems reasonable. Lastly, learn the ways to prevent a disease if possible, some diseases are impossible to avoid without vaccinations.

Sierra Potter, Staff Writer

Sierra Potter is a junior at Northgate High School. Her interests are musical theater, literature, and science. In her free time, she enjoys playing guitar...

• Why Vaccinating Your Child is Important

Food

Childhood Obesity Rates

Opinions

The Non-Traditional College Route

Charges Dropped in Jussie Smollett Case

Is There a Wage Gap Between Male and Female Athletes?

Oil Companies Invest in Climate Change Aid

Pi’erre Bourne

Who is Mike Gravel?

Mother of Six Drives her Family Off Cliff in California While Wife Googles How Much They Would Suffer

Billboard’s Removal of “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X Shows Country Music’s True Colors

Recent Suicides Call For Mental Health Awareness

Why Vaccinating Your Child is Important