Jayme Closs Case

Jayme Closs Case

Katie Lemberg, Staff Writer

The suspect in the kidnapping of Jayme Closs and the killing of her parents has expressed his remorse and has written out his plans for the trial. He sent the letter to a journalist at KARE-TV. He plans to plead guilty to murder and kidnapping so her family won’t have to worry about a trial. He also said that he committed the crimes mostly on impulse.

Jayme was held captive for 88 days before escaping January 10th. She was held in Patterson’s cabin in Gordern, Wisconsin. Jayme asked for help from a woman walking her dog, who took her to her house where they called the police. Patterson was arrested shortly after. In the letter, Patterson said that he tried to give the police everything so they didn’t have to interview Jayme, but they still did. His plan after he had been arrested was to come clean the whole time. He plans to plead guilty to avoid a lengthy trial. He then expressed remorse because he “can’t believe he did that” and “It was really stupid looking back.”

He expresses in the letter that he is sorry for everything, and no one can imagine how bad he feels for doing this to Jayme. He wrote “I’m Sorry Jayme!” in balloon letters and scribbled “for everything” under it. He states that the reason why he kidnapped Jayme is not black and white. He refused to say what he planned on doing if she hadn’t escaped saying that it was stupid. This was an impulse crime and he is trying to get the trial over as soon as possible.

• Jayme Closs Case

Showcase

Rowing

• Jayme Closs Case

8-Year-Old Heroically Saves Sister From Kidnapper

• Jayme Closs Case

The Happiest Man in Baseball

• Jayme Closs Case

Fashion

Understanding the 2019 Met Gala: Notes On Camp

• Jayme Closs Case

Top Issues of 2020 Elections Include Healthcare, Climate Change, and Immigration Policies

• Jayme Closs Case

Legislation to Enact New Abortion Law

• Jayme Closs Case

Three Days Grace’s Blessing in Disguise

• Jayme Closs Case

Fashion

Are High School Dress Codes Needed?

• Jayme Closs Case

Keeping Things Where They Are

• Jayme Closs Case

Stylishly Giving Back

Jayme Closs Case