Jayme Closs Case

Jayme Closs Case

Katie Lemberg, Staff Writer

The suspect in the kidnapping of Jayme Closs and the killing of her parents has expressed his remorse and has written out his plans for the trial. He sent the letter to a journalist at KARE-TV. He plans to plead guilty to murder and kidnapping so her family won’t have to worry about a trial. He also said that he committed the crimes mostly on impulse.

Jayme was held captive for 88 days before escaping January 10th. She was held in Patterson’s cabin in Gordern, Wisconsin. Jayme asked for help from a woman walking her dog, who took her to her house where they called the police. Patterson was arrested shortly after. In the letter, Patterson said that he tried to give the police everything so they didn’t have to interview Jayme, but they still did. His plan after he had been arrested was to come clean the whole time. He plans to plead guilty to avoid a lengthy trial. He then expressed remorse because he “can’t believe he did that” and “It was really stupid looking back.”

He expresses in the letter that he is sorry for everything, and no one can imagine how bad he feels for doing this to Jayme. He wrote “I’m Sorry Jayme!” in balloon letters and scribbled “for everything” under it. He states that the reason why he kidnapped Jayme is not black and white. He refused to say what he planned on doing if she hadn’t escaped saying that it was stupid. This was an impulse crime and he is trying to get the trial over as soon as possible.

Katie Lemberg, Staff Writer

Katie Lemberg is a junior at Northgate High School and a dual enrollment student at the University of West Georgia. She is on the Varsity Cheerleading...

• Jayme Closs Case

2019’s State Art Show

• Jayme Closs Case

College- How Much Does it Matter?

• Jayme Closs Case

Nationwide Youth Climate Strike

• Jayme Closs Case

Vaccines: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

• Jayme Closs Case

The Absolute Stupidity of the Rich Parents Involved in the Illegal College Admissions Scheme

• Jayme Closs Case

Literary Arts

Why Schools Should Do Choice Reads

• Jayme Closs Case

50 People Killed By White Supremacist in Two New Zealand Mosques

• Jayme Closs Case

College Crimes: The Rich and Famous

• Jayme Closs Case

NASA Announces First All-Female Spacewalk

• Jayme Closs Case

Lori Loughlin College Cheating Scandal

Jayme Closs Case