91st Oscars

Tiffany Harper, Staff Writer

On Sunday, February 24th, the 91st Academy Awards aired on television. If you were watching them the night that they aired, what highlights were your favorite? In your opinion, who dressed the best? Who did you want to win? This year, The Oscars offered many diverse elements, starting anywhere from simple fashion to the the language used in the speeches in which the winners gave.

While there were a lot of great moments and positive things that happened during The Oscars, there were also quite a few scandals. For example, the film Bohemian Rhapsody won four Oscars, yet the director of the film was not mentioned once. Bryan Singer, the director of the film, was fired from directing the film once sexual assault allegations against him started to rise. He was quick to deny the allegations. Due to the allegations and Singer being fired from production of the movie, the Oscar for the film did not include him.

Despite the scandals, The Oscars were home to several beautiful live performances and heartwarming speeches. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper sang the song entitled, “Shallow” and gave a very beautiful and emotional performance. Queen and Adam Lambert opened the show up and later on, Jennifer Hudson performed. Many talented artists put on lovely performances at The Oscars and were dressed beautifully while doing so.

Scandals and amazing live performances– what else are The Oscars known for? Every person invited to The Oscars aims to look their absolute best each year. Looks on the red carpet this year were diverse, different, and nothing less than stunning. Billy Porter was seen on the red carpet wearing a tuxedo-styled dress. The top of his dress had the look of a tuxedo along with a bowtie, but as you continued to look, the bottom of the tuxedo turned into a beautiful black dress. Some celebrities went all out and others didn’t. No one ever knows what is going to happen during The Oscars, but there is one thing that is always promised and this year, that really showed; Diversity lives through The Oscars and whether that shows up or not is up to us.

• 91st Oscars

Showcase

Rowing

• 91st Oscars

8-Year-Old Heroically Saves Sister From Kidnapper

• 91st Oscars

The Happiest Man in Baseball

• 91st Oscars

Fashion

Understanding the 2019 Met Gala: Notes On Camp

• 91st Oscars

Top Issues of 2020 Elections Include Healthcare, Climate Change, and Immigration Policies

• 91st Oscars

Legislation to Enact New Abortion Law

• 91st Oscars

Three Days Grace’s Blessing in Disguise

• 91st Oscars

Fashion

Are High School Dress Codes Needed?

• 91st Oscars

Keeping Things Where They Are

• 91st Oscars

Stylishly Giving Back

91st Oscars