Changing the Game

Changing the Game

Mia Fisher, Staff Writer

February 13-15, 2019, the whole state of Georgia was watching the floor of the Macon Centreplex for the most exciting event of the season. The floor of the Macon Centreplex held Georgia’s State wrestling tournament.

The Northgate girls wrestling team made history. Kennedy Eltz, Mia Fisher, Rachelle Hoffman, and Maddie Mans, were the first ever girl state qualifiers at Northgate High School.  Mia Fisher and Maddie Mans then went on and made history in Georgia for Northgate. Mia Fisher and Maddie Mans were Northgate High School’s first ever girl placers in state. State is the highest level of wrestling you can achieve, it’s the pinnacle of every wrestler’s high school career. This year girl’s wrestling team participated in Georgia’s first ever girl’s state.

The Georgia High School Association held the first ever Girl’s state wrestling tournament in the Macon Centreplex. Before this year, high school girls who wanted to compete in state had to compete against boys. This was the first year in Georgia girls could wrestle each other for a chance to place. This amazing experience was a gateway to all types of opportunities for the people that wrestle there. For example, there are scouts from a select few colleges looking for people such as those on the Northgate wrestling team.

All in all, the State Wrestling tournament was a huge success. At the end of the day, Mia Fisher and Maddie Mans both placed sixth, making history at Northgate, and even in the state of Georgia.

Mia Fisher, Staff Writer

My name is Mia Fisher and I’m a senior at NGHS and I can’t wait to graduate. This is my first year in Journalism and I look forward to writing about...

• Changing the Game

2019’s State Art Show

• Changing the Game

College- How Much Does it Matter?

• Changing the Game

Nationwide Youth Climate Strike

• Changing the Game

Vaccines: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

• Changing the Game

The Absolute Stupidity of the Rich Parents Involved in the Illegal College Admissions Scheme

• Changing the Game

Literary Arts

Why Schools Should Do Choice Reads

• Changing the Game

50 People Killed By White Supremacist in Two New Zealand Mosques

• Changing the Game

College Crimes: The Rich and Famous

• Changing the Game

NASA Announces First All-Female Spacewalk

• Changing the Game

Lori Loughlin College Cheating Scandal

Changing the Game