Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody

Kirsten Brown, Staff Writer

After taking the world by storm a quarter of a century ago, Queen is not back to the top and more relevant than ever. This past weekend, Fox released the long awaited biographical movie about Freddie Mercury and his fellow band members of Queen. When the movie was released, ticket sales unexpectedly reached $50 million from the U.S. and Canada alone. Most critics assume it did so well because of the celebration of Queen’s music. However, in addition to Queen’s iconic music, the movie also explores how the songs came to be, and a re-creation of Queen’s last live performance, Live Aid. With the live shows in the movie, the production crew used actual live shows that Queen performed, and included the actual audio into the movie.

Another interesting thing about this movie is the cast. They used a less known cast, with many of the actors only appearing in one large role before Bohemian Rhapsody. Rami Malek, the lead role who plays Mercury, is one of the only actors that has been in a major film. He’s most well known for his role as Elliot Alderson in the American drama Mr. Robot. Malek was also in the Twilight series and Night at the Museum movies.

According to the critics, the movie was sub par. Bohemian Rhapsody currently has a score of 60% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, and New York Times critic A. O. Scott called it a “plodding, literal-minded, conventional affair.” Although critics are slamming this movie for not being great, movie-goers seem to disagree, giving the movie 4 ½ stars.

Kirsten Brown, Staff Writer

My name is Kb. I am a senior at Northgate High School. I cheer and strive for student success everyday. ;)

• Bohemian Rhapsody

2019’s State Art Show

• Bohemian Rhapsody

College- How Much Does it Matter?

• Bohemian Rhapsody

Nationwide Youth Climate Strike

• Bohemian Rhapsody

Vaccines: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

• Bohemian Rhapsody

The Absolute Stupidity of the Rich Parents Involved in the Illegal College Admissions Scheme

• Bohemian Rhapsody

Literary Arts

Why Schools Should Do Choice Reads

• Bohemian Rhapsody

50 People Killed By White Supremacist in Two New Zealand Mosques

• Bohemian Rhapsody

College Crimes: The Rich and Famous

• Bohemian Rhapsody

NASA Announces First All-Female Spacewalk

• Bohemian Rhapsody

Lori Loughlin College Cheating Scandal

Bohemian Rhapsody