Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

Bearre Dorsey, Staff Writer

In today’s America, it is becoming more and more common for teenagers to consume nicotine products from ages thirteen to seventeen. As a highschooler, I have seen an increasing number of students using nicotine products. People who use nicotine products usually say that what they are doing is perfectly fine because of vape companies’ propaganda saying that it is better to vape or juul than to smoke cigarettes, but this is not the case.

Vape companies have tricked teens into believing that it is fine to vape. Studies have shown that using nicotine products stunt brain growth in teenagers. Experts say that nicotine is extremely addictive and has negative effects on the brain, mostly the part of the brain that influences decision making. (Business Insider 3) This disproves the myth that vaping is fine for teenagers. Negative effects on the brain can lead to plummeting grades in school which can have miserable repercussions such as not getting into the university you want, or even possibly failing school. Even though the law states that you have to be eighteen or older to purchase nicotine products, teenagers still get them.Teens get these products by buying them from people who are of age to purchase them, teens call them ¨plugs.¨ The fact is, nicotine products stunt brain growth and are highly addicting which can lead to health problems later in life.

Brodwin, Erin. “Experts Are Calling out a Vape Pen with ‘Scary’ Nicotine Levels That Teens Love – Here’s How It Affects the Brain.” Business Insider, Business Insider, 19 Apr. 2018, www.businessinsider.com/vaping-brain-effects-juul-2018-4.
Bearre Dorsey, Staff Writer

My name is Bearre Dorsey a member of the 2018-2019 freshman class. I love to write about debatable topics as I would love to be a lawyer someday. My love...

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

2019’s State Art Show

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

College- How Much Does it Matter?

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

Nationwide Youth Climate Strike

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

Vaccines: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

The Absolute Stupidity of the Rich Parents Involved in the Illegal College Admissions Scheme

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

Literary Arts

Why Schools Should Do Choice Reads

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

50 People Killed By White Supremacist in Two New Zealand Mosques

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

College Crimes: The Rich and Famous

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

NASA Announces First All-Female Spacewalk

• Vaping Is Killing Your Brain

Lori Loughlin College Cheating Scandal

Vaping Is Killing Your Brain