Slender Man : Coming August 10th

Elijah Barrow, Staff Writer

You’re sprinting through the woods, desperately trying to evade him. A blanket of darkness covers your surroundings. You cut your face and arms on the low-hanging tree limbs as they pass you in a blur. You stop to take a breath, thinking you’ve finally escaped him. Suddenly, your vision gets fuzzy, static starts to fill your ears, and you faint. As you fall, you see a tall, faceless man, standing over you.

Most of us have heard of Slender Man, and the bravest of us have played games about him on our phones. He is described as an abnormally tall, faceless man, who wears a black suit. Though he looks scary, that’s nothing compared to what he does to people who see him.

The character originated in 2009 as a “creepypasta,” or a scary story. There’s a website with the same name that people use to upload their own chilling stories. Slender Man was created by a man named Eric Knudsen, and he has designed the character to act like a virus, taking control of people’s minds, and driving some crazy. Fortunately, Slender Man has faded away with time, and many people have forgotten of his existence. Unfortunately, he’s back, and this time, in a full-fledged film. Slender Man will release in theaters on August 10th of this year.

The story follows a group of teenage girls, who try to summon Slender Man after the strange disappearance of their friend. When the girls start to notice strange occurrences, they begin to believe that they are being haunted by Slender Man himself. The film is directed by Sylvain White, a French-born American film director, who has directed films such as Miserere (2013) and Walled In (2009). Slender Man will be played by Javier Botet, a fittingly spooky actor who appears in horror films like It (2017) and The Conjuring 2 (2016). Javier has quite the eerie ensemble of previous works, making him the perfect candidate for a role like this one.

This supernatural movie is sure to quench your creepy cravings, at least until he returns, because after all, once you see him, he’s never really gone.

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

The Josef Martinez

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

Walmart Sells Bulletproof Backpacks for Back-to-School Shopping

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

Red Tides in the US?

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

Lebron James to Open Elementary School For At-Risk Akron Elementary Students

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

Katie Ledecky

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

The “Rise” of a New Show

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

Fashion

Prom Preparation

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

The Bachelor Recap

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

Time For A Wrinkle In Time

• Slender Man : Coming August 10th

The Power of the Pen

Slender Man : Coming August 10th