Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Gwenyth Cook, Staff Writer

So far, 2018 has proven to be a worthy anime season. Netflix’s Devilman: Crybaby, Violet Evergarden, and B: The Beginning have kicked off the year with good storylines, character development, and breathtaking animation. Trigger Studios’ Darling in the Franxx has set sights high for mecha anime. Wit Studio brings out the best of romance with its intriguing and lighthearted anime, Koi wa Ameagari no You ni. Although these works are quite impressive, there are three anime that the anime community is most anticipating: Tokyo Ghoul: Re, Boku no Hero Academia Season 3, and Steins Gate 0.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re is the third season of the popular Tokyo Ghoul series. After Tokyo Ghoul A‘senticing and heartbreaking ending, viewers were left with mixed feelings. Fans have waited three long years for the fated new season which will start two years after the CCG (Commission of Counter Ghoul) raided the beloved Ghoul coffee shop hideout, Anteiku. Ghouls, however, still pose a threat to society and are taking greater precautions, especially the terrorist organization Aogiri Tree, who are at a greater threat than before from the CCG. The CCG are also taking drastic measures by deploying a special team that has been experimented on to have similar abilities to ghouls. One particular member, Haise Sasaki, is a half-human, half-ghoul trained by the famous ghoul investigator, Kishou Arima. As the series unfolds, Haise realizes that he is not who he thought he was as subdued memories arise to the surface, changing the world he thought he knew.

Fans are also looking forward to the continuation of Boku No Hero Academia. Season two ended on a high note, with Midoriya and Katsuki taking down All Might to pass their final exams. Two new villains were also introduced to the League of Villains under the ideals of the notorious hero killer, Stain: Dabi and Toga. Season three will continue where season two left off, with Class A taking their summer training camp. They will encounter new villains and set their life on the line for the safety of the people. Students will push their quarks, or special abilities, to the limits, plus ultra!!

Steins Gate was one of the best anime of 2011 and is the most anticipated anime of 2018. After all, who doesn’t love microwave time machines?! Following several agonizing years, viewers will be pleased for the second season set to air in April. Steins Gate 0 leads with mad scientists Okabe Rintarou trying to forget his scientific ways after failing to rescue Kurisu. This lifestyle is short lived when he meets an acquaintance of Kurisu, claiming they can store human memories and create a simulation of them with the same characteristics and personality. The beloved Kurisu that Okabe once knew doesn’t reveal to be as delighted as intended and reveals anguish and new tragedies. Is it worth it to bring back a loved one for the cost of another?

All in all, this year continues to prove itself to be on a roll, putting out one good anime after another!

Gwenyth Cook, Staff Writer

Gwenyth Cook is a high school senior. She plays basketball and tennis. Gwenyth is also an avid anime fan; Naruto is her favorite. She enjoys writing scripts...

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Is Birthright Citizenship a Loophole, or Just a Hot Topic?

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Flaws in Standardized Tests

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

George H.W. Bush Passes Away

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Ballot Measure To Create A New City By Seceding From Stockbridge, GA, Fails

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Stress and Health

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

United Airlines: Another Misstep

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

My Favorite “Spongebob Squarepants” Episodes, In Memory of Stephen Hillenburg

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Chinese Scientist Genetically Modified Two Embryos

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Graphene: Potential Worldwide Superconductor.

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Why Lame Duck Sessions In Government Should Not Exist

Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018