Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Gwenyth Cook, Staff Writer

So far, 2018 has proven to be a worthy anime season. Netflix’s Devilman: Crybaby, Violet Evergarden, and B: The Beginning have kicked off the year with good storylines, character development, and breathtaking animation. Trigger Studios’ Darling in the Franxx has set sights high for mecha anime. Wit Studio brings out the best of romance with its intriguing and lighthearted anime, Koi wa Ameagari no You ni. Although these works are quite impressive, there are three anime that the anime community is most anticipating: Tokyo Ghoul: Re, Boku no Hero Academia Season 3, and Steins Gate 0.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re is the third season of the popular Tokyo Ghoul series. After Tokyo Ghoul A‘senticing and heartbreaking ending, viewers were left with mixed feelings. Fans have waited three long years for the fated new season which will start two years after the CCG (Commission of Counter Ghoul) raided the beloved Ghoul coffee shop hideout, Anteiku. Ghouls, however, still pose a threat to society and are taking greater precautions, especially the terrorist organization Aogiri Tree, who are at a greater threat than before from the CCG. The CCG are also taking drastic measures by deploying a special team that has been experimented on to have similar abilities to ghouls. One particular member, Haise Sasaki, is a half-human, half-ghoul trained by the famous ghoul investigator, Kishou Arima. As the series unfolds, Haise realizes that he is not who he thought he was as subdued memories arise to the surface, changing the world he thought he knew.

Fans are also looking forward to the continuation of Boku No Hero Academia. Season two ended on a high note, with Midoriya and Katsuki taking down All Might to pass their final exams. Two new villains were also introduced to the League of Villains under the ideals of the notorious hero killer, Stain: Dabi and Toga. Season three will continue where season two left off, with Class A taking their summer training camp. They will encounter new villains and set their life on the line for the safety of the people. Students will push their quarks, or special abilities, to the limits, plus ultra!!

Steins Gate was one of the best anime of 2011 and is the most anticipated anime of 2018. After all, who doesn’t love microwave time machines?! Following several agonizing years, viewers will be pleased for the second season set to air in April. Steins Gate 0 leads with mad scientists Okabe Rintarou trying to forget his scientific ways after failing to rescue Kurisu. This lifestyle is short lived when he meets an acquaintance of Kurisu, claiming they can store human memories and create a simulation of them with the same characteristics and personality. The beloved Kurisu that Okabe once knew doesn’t reveal to be as delighted as intended and reveals anguish and new tragedies. Is it worth it to bring back a loved one for the cost of another?

All in all, this year continues to prove itself to be on a roll, putting out one good anime after another!

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Hanebado: The Badminton Play of Hanesaki

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

GIANT, INVASIVE, RODENTS!!!

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Opinions

Area 51

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

How to Save the Bees

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Self Diagnosis

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year… Part 2

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Student Protests in Bangladesh

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Flavors of Youth: Plenty of Youth but Lacking Flavor

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

Birds Working as Cleaners in French Theme Park

• Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Top 3 Most Anticipated Anime of 2018