How to Survive Senioritis

Izzy Harvey, Staff Writer

So it’s that time: the final semester of your high school career is here. January hopefully wasn’t so hard but as soon as February came, senioritis finally kicked in for seniors around Northgate. Even though there are still months of hard work ahead of us, it’s hard to snap out of it and haul yourself out of a cocoon of blankets every morning. Some students resort to bringing their cocoon with them to school, but there’s a few easier ways to combat senioritis:

• Have some kind of planner: For some of us, additional writing or having a book to keep up with may seem impossible or just plain backwards, but at least having an idea of what you need to do everyday will limit the amount of times you end up forgetting there was a quiz on Tuesday. Simply writing a to-do list in your notebook every class period will help; just stay on top of it.
  • Leave time in your weekend open: Allowing yourself an hour or two to do homework or take a break will be so much easier than cramming at the last minute or burning yourself out. Having an open space will allow you to manage your time better and avoid procrastination.
  • Watch your absences/tardies: Graduation week will be so much better if you don’t have to study for exams. If you can keep an A both nine weeks and minimize the stay-home-days, you’ll be home free.
  • Do some of your morning routine the night before: If you wake up twenty minutes late (as most of us do regularly now), it will be nice to grab some coffee and breakfast, and have most of your routine already done. Try to do as much as possible.
  • Finally: Recognize that even if you have a plan after high school, maintaining/ improving your grades will get you there a lot easier. For some of us, this is the hardest part. After college applications have been sent in and senior dues have been paid, we don’t really want to face that we aren’t a part of the campus world already.

Staying motivated may seem like it’s impossible around this time of the year, but if we can make it to spring break, we can last those few weeks until graduation.

• How to Survive Senioritis

Top 3 Upcoming Fall Anime: It Gets Better and Better

• How to Survive Senioritis

New York Limo Crash

• How to Survive Senioritis

Flying Squirrel

• How to Survive Senioritis

Migrant Children Can Be Quietly Adopted While Their Parents Are Deported

• How to Survive Senioritis

Opinions

Cheating in The Classroom: A New Side to The Story

• How to Survive Senioritis

2018-19 Homecoming King and Queen

• How to Survive Senioritis

4 Ways Teens Can Spend Time on Self-Care

• How to Survive Senioritis

Local Hurricane Florence Relief Efforts

• How to Survive Senioritis

Opinions

How School and Sleeping Don’t Mix

• How to Survive Senioritis

The Race to Confirm Brett Kavanaugh

How to Survive Senioritis