How To Be An “A” Student

Kelly Leishear, Staff Writer

Wish you could get all A’s on every report card? Ever wonder how all those smart kids get A’s all the time? Many students don’t realize that they actually have the potential to get good grades, therefore they slack off and stop prioritizing school. The key is to believe you can get all A’s, as long as you give it your all and make school your number one priority. Here are some of basic tips that will help you be an A student.

To begin with, participating in class is a major component in making good grades. By participation, I don’t mean just sitting in class watching the teacher teach. You should not only listen, but interact within the class by: asking questions about things you don’t understand. Participation really helps because you are showing your teacher what you know and don’t know, and you learn new things as well.

Secondly, organization plays a key role in how well you do in school. Being organized helps in the long run by: having assignments in on time, not losing anything, and being prepared for any upcoming tests. I suggest using dividers to organize your binders by: classwork, notes, grades, and homework. This helps make it quick and easy to find what you need when you are in class.

Additionally, you should ALWAYS do your classwork and homework! Classwork and homework might make up a small portion of your grade, but if you don’t turn them in they will hurt your grade much more than it will help. Doing your assignments helps you better understand the material which will better prepare you for your test. Also, by being a commendable student and taking initiative to get all your work done on time, you will have a better relationship with your teacher. If your teacher notices that you are really trying, then when you need an extra credit assignment to boost your grade, they will more than likely help you.

Lastly, attending class and being on time is crucial. If you miss a lot of class or constantly show up late, chances are you missed notes, classwork, and time that your teacher spent teaching the material. Being in class will help you better understand the material and get your work done on time.

By taking this advice and following these tips throughout the school year, I can guarantee that you will bring those grades up to A’s in no time!

• How To Be An “A” Student

Literary Arts

Merriam-Webster Dictionary Announced 2017’s Word of the Year

• How To Be An “A” Student

Matt Lauer Out at the Today Show

• How To Be An “A” Student

Net Neutrality: Finally coming to an end?

• How To Be An “A” Student

Georgia SEC Champions

• How To Be An “A” Student

Russia Banned from the Olympics

• How To Be An “A” Student

Lee Middle School Gun Scare

• How To Be An “A” Student

War Criminal

• How To Be An “A” Student

Chinese Actress Liu Yifei is Mulan in its Live Action Remake

• How To Be An “A” Student

“Come Alive” with The Greatest Showman

• How To Be An “A” Student

Roy Halladay, 40, dies in plane crash in Gulf of Mexico

How To Be An “A” Student