London Attack

London Attack

Stephanie West, Staff Writer

Early Friday morning there was a tragic attack on London’s subway system. So far there have been no confirmed deaths, but the injury toll has climbed up to 22. This was an atrocity that is suspected to be committed by two adults, an 18 year-old foster child and a 22 year-old, both of which were fostered by long time foster parents Ronald and Penelope Jones. At the time, the 18 year-old was living with their foster parents, and was a refugee from Iraq after both of their parents were killed. The device used in the attempt to blow up the train, headed westbound to the other-side of the city, was a simple bucket bomb. However, simplicity was more than enough to create mass chaos and panic, as well as many injured people. The effects of the blast were long reaching. While the bomb did not blow up the subway train, it did give several people severe burns and caused a stampede that injured many more people.

Unfortunately our president did not help the situation by speculating as to what could have occurred at 8:20 on Friday morning. Which then caused many others to spread rumors, therefore taking away time and attention from the actual matter at hand. To make matters worse this is not the first time something like this has happened. Our president is known to speculate and throw around words on his twitter accounts, both his personal account and his presidential account. On many occasions it has been said that perhaps the public opinion of him would be higher, if only slightly, if he would simply stop using his twitter account recklessly.

Right now the police are working their hardest to solve this case and making sure that the people of London are safe. Overall, while the situation was not desirable, it was not as disastrous as it certainly could have been.

Stephanie West, Staff Writer

I got roped into another year of Journalism with Mr. Carson, so that makes me a Journalism II student. That’s ok though because journalism is fun ™...

• London Attack

Food

Childhood Obesity Rates

• London Attack

Opinions

The Non-Traditional College Route

• London Attack

Charges Dropped in Jussie Smollett Case

• London Attack

Is There a Wage Gap Between Male and Female Athletes?

• London Attack

Oil Companies Invest in Climate Change Aid

• London Attack

Pi’erre Bourne

• London Attack

Who is Mike Gravel?

• London Attack

Mother of Six Drives her Family Off Cliff in California While Wife Googles How Much They Would Suffer

• London Attack

Billboard’s Removal of “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X Shows Country Music’s True Colors

• London Attack

Recent Suicides Call For Mental Health Awareness

London Attack