Class Election of 2017

The annual class officer elections were recently held at Northgate. Every year students run for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Public Relations. This year, for the senior class, three candidates ran for president: Chase Mason, Kyle McLaren, and Sydney Tuttle. Each candidate did their best to secure votes by handing out stickers, cookies, and even t-shirts. On August 25, Northgate students voted for who they wanted to be class officers.

After many votes were cast, the winners were announced. First the freshman class officers were announced, then the sophomore, and junior, and finally the senior class. The tightest race was between Chase Mason, previously the sophomore and junior class president, and Kyle McLaren, the varsity football team’s starting quarterback. At 3:30 on the 25th, the announcement was made that Chase Mason was elected senior class president!

Initially, Chase stated, “I decided to run for president again because I really want the opportunity to present the speech at graduation”. However, he really enjoys being able to speak for his class and having respect from fellow classmates and teachers as well. Due to the experience he gained the past 2 years as a class officer, he was elected, and he believes he’s the best fit for this position.

Chase plans to make this his best year in office. He has many goals he plans to accomplish this school year, such as: fulfilling the needs of fellow classmates, making homecoming and prom the biggest success this year, and set a positive example for all grade levels.

Congratulations Chase!

• Class Election of 2017

Showcase

Northgate’s New Principal

• Class Election of 2017

Reagan On Rushmore?

• Class Election of 2017

Opinions

How to Turn Procrastination into Productivity

• Class Election of 2017

Opinions

Freshman Survival Guide

• Class Election of 2017

Showcase

Mrs. Gray: A Positive, Uplifting Spirit

• Class Election of 2017

Opinions

How to offend people

• Class Election of 2017

How to Make A Planner

• Class Election of 2017

Homecoming 2017: Spirit Week

• Class Election of 2017

Upcoming Film: Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 2

• Class Election of 2017

Deafening Silence

Class Election of 2017