Goodbye Tom Brady?

Olivia Harvey, Staff Writer

Tom Brady, star quarterback for the New England Patriots, is arguably the hottest topic in the NFL. Brady has hoisted the coveted Lombardi Trophy not 1, not 2, but 5 times as a Super Bowl Champion. There is no way of knowing how the 2018 NFL season will end, but most experts believe Brady will have his team on top again. With all of these achievements under his belt, is Brady really thinking of retiring?

After the success of last season, in which Brady led the New England Patriots to victory against Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl, he is sure he will not retire soon. Robert Kraft, owner of the Patriots, stated in an interview that “Tom stole the number one spot in the top 100 NFL players and that, because of this, he is staying for about six or seven more years before retiring.”

In an interview with CBS sports, Brady said he would like to play into his mid 40s, then he will make a final decision about his retirement. CBS says he may play longer depending on how he is feeling in the future. Even if they aren’t a fan of The New England Patriots or Brady, people know how hard he works.

Whether he retires at the end of this season or not, the Deflategate Scandal, in which Brady allegedly deflated footballs during a game to make the balls have a better spin will likely cast a faint shadow on his storied career. In an ESPN article, it is stated that non-fans of Brady seem happy that he is retiring, but upset that it is later rather than sooner. These people claim that he is a liar, cheater, and a disappointment to his team. However, fans of Tom Brady disagree with these claims, and believe that Tom Brady should stay for as long as he can.

• Goodbye Tom Brady?

Saudi Arabia’s First Robot Citizen

• Goodbye Tom Brady?

26 Dead, 20 Injured in Texas Baptist Church Shooting

• Goodbye Tom Brady?

Food

Don’t Forget There’s No Pumpkin (The History of Pumpkin Spice)

• News

Are Hall Passes Really Necessary?

• Goodbye Tom Brady?

Atlanta United’s Inaugural Season Comes to an End

• Goodbye Tom Brady?

Day of the Dead

• Goodbye Tom Brady?

Stranger Things Season 2

• Goodbye Tom Brady?

2017 World Series

• Goodbye Tom Brady?

#MeToo: Casting Couch

• Goodbye Tom Brady?

Opinions

How To Be An “A” Student

Goodbye Tom Brady?